Engr Mrs Aishatu Aliyu Umar was born on 12th August 1971 to the family of Alhaji Aliyu Umar Galadima in Hong Local Government Area of Adamawa State. She is currently the Chief Civil Engineer, Federal Housing Authority Abuja.
Engr Mrs Aishatu Aliyu Umar attended her primary school at Central Primary School Hong between 1977 – 1982.She proceeded to Government Science Secondary School Hong from 1982 – 1987.On completion of her secondary education which she passed in flying colors, she proceeded to the University of Maiduguri where she studied Civil Engineering .She graduated in 1995 with Bachelor of Engineering in Civil and Water Resources Engineering in 1995. Following her thirst for further education, Engr. Aishatu Umar proceeded to the Famous University of Ife Ile-Ife now Obafemi Awolowo University Ile Ife for her Post Graduate Diploma in Management from 2008-2011.
Engr. Mrs. Aishatu Umar proceeded to the University of Jos where she studied Construction Management at Master’s degree level from 1996-1998.While awaiting the Master of Science degree in Construction Management ,she attended the Turkish Nile University of Nigeria for a masters and Doctorate degree in Management
- Engr. Mrs. Aishatu Aliyu Umar is a Fellow of the Nigerian Society of Engineers
- Fellow Nigerian Institution of Civil Engineers
- Fellow Nigerian Institute of Corporate Administration
- Member American Society of Civil Engineers
- Member Council for the Regulation Engineers in Nigeria R11904
Engr. Mrs. Aishatu Aliyu Umar FNSE, FNICE started her working career with the Federal Housing Authority Abuja as a Civil Engineer II from 1998 – 2000. From the year 2000 – 2003 she was promoted to Civil Engineer I and as a result of her diligence and hard work was promoted to Senior Engineer, Principal Engineer, Assistant Chief Civil Engineer. Her last promotion was to the post of Chief Engineer in 2011.
Engr. Aishatu Aliyu Umar, over the years, has been involved in the supervision of Civil Infrastructures such as Culverts, Roads, Bridges, Drains, Dams and design of High Rise Buildings .She has equally been involved in the construction of Building Structures, in Gwarimpa ii, Lugbe and presently in Apo,for Federal Housing Authority Abuja.She has equally been involved in the vetting of building structural designs.
Service To Engineering
Engr. Aishatu Umar has paid her dues in the service to the Nigerian Society of Engineers and the Nigerian Institution of Civil Engineers. Some of her outstanding Services are as follows:
1) SERVICE TO NIGERIAN SOCIETY OF ENGINEERS:
-Executive Committee Member-National (2008-2009)
-Executive Committee Member-National (2011-2012)
-Executive Committee Member-National (2012 till date)
-Council Boards and Committees: (Presidential Committee)
-Appointment, Promotion and Disciplinary Committee – Chairman
-Programmes and Publicity Committee – Vice Chairman
-Personnel and General Administration Board 2010 – Alt. Vice Chairman
-Audit Committee (2000-2010), – Member
-Young Engineers Welfare Committee – Vice Chair. March, 2013, Corporate
-Resources and Media Board 2010 – Member
-Women in Engineering Committee – Member
-Finance and Budget Monitoring Committee 2012-date – Chairman
-Membership Board – Vice Chair. Mar. 2013
-Admission Committee – Chairman
-WEC 2014, Main Organizing Committee – Member
-Fund Raising – Member
-Exhibition – Member
-Board of NSE Subsidiaries (Special/ad-hoc committees)
-(a) Business and rules committee – Member 20 Feb. 2013
-(b) Young Engineers Welfare Committee – Vice Chairman
-NSE National AGM (CPC) – Member (2009,2010)
-Corporate Resources and Media Board – Member (2010)
-Professional Development Board – Alt. Chairman (2014)
-Examination Committee – Chairman (2014)
-Editorial Board of Technical Transportation Journal – Vice Chairman (2014)
-Reconstitution of Council Boards and Committees – Member (2014)
-Statutory Audit Committee – Member (2014)
-Business and Rule Committee – Member (2014)
2) NIGERIAN INSTITUTION OF CIVIL ENGINEERS (NATIONAL):
• National Vice Chairman (NICE) – 2010 – 2016
• Deputy National Chairman NICE – 2016 – 2018
• National Chairman – 2019 –
3) CONTRIBUTIONS TO THE ENGINEERING PROFESSION
As an active member, she has contributed very significantly to the growth and development of the Engineering profession in Nigeria through participation in many programs and courses.
- National Workshop on effective Management and cost control (August, 2001), Lagos.
- Workshop on strategies for effective maintenance of engineering infrastructures in Nigeria, by Nigeria Society of Engineers Abuja Branch.
- International Industrial Visit to Germany on Engineering Profession (April 2005) organized by Abuja Branch.
- International Industrial Visit to Egypt (March 2007) by Abuja Branch.
- Industrial International visit to China (April 2009) organized by Abuja Branch.
- World Federation of Engineering Organization (WFEO) in Kuwait (November, 2009).
- The Alternative Energy Organized by NSE National Headquarters, Abuja.
- Intensive Training on the use of civil cad for Highway organized by Abuja NICE Chapter, 2012.
- Improving the procurement process in civil engineering works, by Tech Grade Consult, 25th August, 2012.
- Workshop on maintenance of Structural Defects in Building Ikeja-Lagos July 2009
- Ghana Institution of Engineers, 2013 Engineering Week ‘’TAKSI 2013’’ on ‘’Building Engineering Capacity for Sustainable Development in Oil and Gas Economy’’ March 20th-23rd 2013 Takoradi-Sekondi, Ghana held at Akroma Hotel Ghana August, 2013.
- World Federation of Engineering Organization (WFEO) in Singapore, 9th-15th, Sept., 2013.
- World Federation of Engineering Organization (WFEO) in Singapore November, 2013.
- International Conference on Engineering Profession organized by American Association of State Highway and Transportation Officials (AASHTO) in Washington DC, February, 2014.
- International Conference on Engineering Profession organized by Engineering Forum of Nigerians EFN (UK) June, 2014.
- American Society of Civil Engineers Conference at Denver Colorado USA 2018.
In recognition of the great feat of Engr.Mrs Aishatu Aliyu Umar many organizations showered her with Awards among which are:
- NSE Presidential merit award
- NSE Ambassadorial and Meritorious Services Award.
- Sir Ahmadu Bello Platinum Leadership Award as Achiever Per Excellence by Association of Northern Nigeria Students
- Award by National Association of Killba Students (NAKS) National body in collaboration with all local chapters, for demonstrating great leadership skills and development of Killba land in all ramification of life.
- She was recently conferred with the traditional title of (SARAUNIYAR HONG) by her Community Hong in Adamawa State in recognition of her excellent contribution to humanity.
- Engr. Aishatu Aliyu Umar FNSE has travelled to over 15 countries outside Nigeria for Workshops and Seminars, Some of the Countries visited include China, Kuwait, UK London, Paris, Singapore, Italy, Germany, Dubai, Kenya, Netherlands, Ghana, and United States of America. She has visited over seven (7) states in the United States of America.